Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"A Chance To Be A Man" Part 3



What is a "real man"?  Is it someone who makes money, fixes things well, and likes sports?  In conversation people say, "be a man", "man up",  and "act like a man".   So is a man someone who is strong and tough?

During the civil rights movement,  African American men fought for equality and a chance to have the same rights, privileges, and opportunities as men of other races.  But what exactly was this "manhood" that they were fighting for?

In part 1 of this series, I talked about a man's role and responsibility in a relationship from a woman's point of view.  And part 2, was about growing up without having the affection and example of a father.

The saying, "it's easier said than done", is an understatement.  It's easy when you are on the outside looking in at someone else's situation and suggesting what they should do.

As for me, I feel like I have been given a chance.   A chance to be a leader and a follower of the good examples that have gone before me.  A chance to be a father who teaches his children by word and example.  A chance to be a husband who loves his wife as Christ loves us.  A chance to be strong and courageous enough to fulfill God's purpose and plan for my life.  

I feel like I have been given this awesome chance, "A Chance To Be A Man".



1 comment:

  1. Hiya! I am curious if you have a lot of subscribers to this weblog?

    ReplyDelete