Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"King On Paper"



Declarations.  It's something that we all have.  Short sayings that we say in our heads or out loud, that give us the motivation that we need for the particular moment or situation we are in.

We say things like, "I'm a king", "I'm a champion", or "I'm an over-comer".  Many of our declarations are reminders of who we feel we are on the inside.  Most people feel that they are good people, with good intentions for themselves and others.  But in addition to that, about the same number of people feel that they are misunderstood and wish that people could understand who they "really are".

What makes one be misunderstood?  Is it a certain vibe given off when meeting people or in conversation? Is it not displaying a positive attitude toward situations? Or is it more a matter of actual facts and data that are clear, concise, and in black and white.

I was speaking to a friend about why bad things happen to "good" people.  We talked about how it seems like it takes money to make money, how nice people get taken advantage of, and how God's children should be "on top".

In a spiritual sense, we are all God's children.  And God is a king.  So if we are the offspring of God, then that means that we are kings too.  Many people know this and feel this way, but have trouble displaying their "kingship".

We are kings in our heads, but how many of us are Kings On Paper?  We declare that we are kings with our mouths but show something else with our decisions.

Ask yourself these questions:  Can someone tell that I am a child of God by looking at my credit report?  Will my criminal background check reflect my kingship?  Does my Facebook page show my royalty?

We are kings in our heads and hearts.  We are kings in our declarations and confessions.  Let us also be kings on paper.  


No comments:

Post a Comment