Monday, November 14, 2011

"Old Man On A Bike"





I know you've seen him.  He's in every city and in every neighborhood.  It's an old man on a bike.

You can tell that he is not trying to save gas, preserve the environment, or get exercise.  It's his main source of transportation.  Sweat in the summer,  wind in the winter, but he's still on that bike.

I have observed this old man on a bike.  He looks tired and unmotivated.  But he is focused on getting wherever he needs to go on that bike.

Sometimes I wonder what he did in his younger years.  Did he have a career, a family, shoot, a car?  I never seen him stop and talk to anybody, but I'm sure he has a story to tell.

One day I'm going to stop him and see if he is willing to talk.  I mean, after all,  how busy could he be?  He's just an old man on a bike.  Your neighborhood has yours and my neighborhood has mine.

They probably had hopes and dreams.  Things they wanted to do or used to do in life.  I wonder if he has kids, or maybe even a wife.

I know there's a lot worse that one could be doing in life.  But when it's all said and done, don't let me be that "old man on a bike".

No comments:

Post a Comment